The basic idea is to mix cake crumbs with icing and then form it into whichever shapes you want. Impress people this Halloween by creating cake pops of your own!
1 prepared white cake
1 1/2 cups white frosting
White chocolate chips or white candy melt
Dark chocolate, melted
- Bake the cake and let it cool completely on a cooling rack. Use a fork or a food processor to turn the cake into crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake and frosting with a spoon until well combined. It needs to have a uniform texture. Form the cake-pop mixture into ghost shapes. Insert the lollipop sticks underneath the ghost.
- Melt the white chocolate chips or white candy melt over a double burner.
- Dip ghosts into the white chocolate. Let cool standing up. You can do this by poking the sticks into a cardboard box or into a thick piece of Styrofoam.
- When cool, dip a small brush into the melted dark chocolate and paint on a face.
Another way to make ghost cake pops is to cut white fondant into a circle that will drape over the cake pop as seen in the photo above.