For an extra festive touch the “swirl” is mixed with orange food coloring.
Since there are so many delicious, inexpensive brownie mixes on the market, feel free to use that instead of making the brownies from scratch.
1 package brownie mix
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 a package)
4 drops red food color 4 drops yellow food color
- Prepare brownies according to package instructions and transfer to brownie pan. Set aside.
- Over a double burner, add white chocolate chips and let melt, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add food coloring and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture over the brownies and swirl into the batter using a knife or fork.
- Bake according to package instructions.
Note: You don’t need to be aggressive while swirling the two batters together. You want the orange color to be visible when the brownies are cut.